JOIN THE MOVEMENT.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THINK INC.
WANTED: a daring Communications Intern that is ripe with clever and creative ideas for bringing Think Inc.’s brand of public intellectual thought events to Australian and NZ audiences.
Think Inc. is Australia’s biggest intellectual touring company, out for the boldest answers to the riskiest questions of the 21st century and beyond. Uncompromising in our quest for clear, critical, courageous guests, we cut through the bullshit and take audiences deep down the rabbit holes of science, technology, philosophy, politics, and more. With this goal, we want candidates who do not shy away from confronting conversations and dare to play their part in bringing open-minded enquiry to the masses.
It is expected that the Communications Intern will have familiarity and compatibility with popular culture and be fluent in intellectual thought and ideas. Our target audience is a youthful demographic that is both socially aware and motivated to have open and honest discussions about social issues.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To work across the Think Inc.’s current portfolio and research new Think Inc. projects. The role of the Communications Intern involves being immersed in all types of media and liaising with the team to feed vital insights into different areas of the intellectual sphere.
This position would suit a student from an approved education institution who needs to complete an internship as part of their course.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Research through all social media outlets such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook
– Develop weekly briefs about the current issues within the intellectual sphere
– Be completely in the know about the happenings within the intellectual sphere
– Draft copy for social media platforms in both long and short form
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
– A passion for intellectual thought and discussion
– A passion for popular culture and street culture
– Great copywriting skills
– Serious attention to detail
– Excellent use of initiative
– Highly reliable
– Ability to manage multiple deadlines and projects
– Ability to work alone and in a team
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a desire to see reason, rationality, and intellectual rigour resonate strongly in the Australian public. This opportunity is for an unpaid intern, volunteering two days per week of time. Our office is located in Marrickville, NSW. To apply, please send a cover letter outlining how your experience and interests are relevant to this position, along with your CV, to email@example.com.